Lentil Pilaf <T>

I found this on the back of a package of Pantry brand lentils and we had it
for supper tonight.  It turned out really good.  You could add some extra
herbs to jazz it up a bit or maybe substitute your favorite grain, adjusting
the amount of liquid, if needed.

Lentil Pilaf<T>

2 green onions, sliced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 Tlbs. favorite saute liquid plus extra if needed
3 1/2 cups water
2 heaping teaspoons vegetable broth powder
1 cup lentils
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup long-grain white rice

In a medium saucepan, saute onions, carrots and green bell pepper in saute
liquid, adding more if needed.  Add water, broth powder; bring to a boil.
Stir in lentils and pepper.  Cover; simmer 25 minutes.  Add rice; stir well.
Cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is
absorbed.
Makes: 8 1/2 cup servings.