Neatballs and Carrot Pulp

For the person looking for m**tball substitutes...we live on an island
and it's hard to get a hold of various commercial products. I am always
tryiing to make do with plain, readily available stuff like grains and
vegetables. Here's a pretty good recipe from Laurel's Kitchen for
Neatballs...

1 cup cooked bulgur wheat or brown rice (when I use rice, I chop it up
a little)
1/2 cup soy grits, soaked (or mushed, leftover beans)
1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 t. soy sauce
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients and form into 1 1/2 in
balls. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes per side. I add a lot of
seasonings to these (for e.g. 1-2 t. of oregano, basil, sage or thyme
and garlic) or sometimes I add finely chopped mushrooms or onions.They
are very plain and lend themselves to seasonings well. I have frozen
them on a cookie sheet after cooking and then just throw them in a
container. They were fine.