Re: Super Blue Green Algae

Earlier, Mary Ann Rose and Ron Gallinger had this to say about
Super Blue Green Algae ...

> ---<snip> ... Super Blue Green Algae is a freshwater algae.  It
> grows wild in a  lake in the Cascade Mountains (Oregon).  It is
> harvested, washed, freeze-dried and put into capsules, so all you
> have to do is swallow it with some water.  It is available through
> independent distributors (not in stores)... --- <snip>

You're correct in that Super Blue Green Algae (a brand name) is only
available from a company called Cell Tech, which is a multi-level
marketing organization not unlike Shaklee, Amway, etc.

However, the very same blue green algae (aphanizomenon flos aquae)
from Lake Klamath is also available over the counter under various
brand names.

It should also be noted that there was a great deal of discussion
last year in venues such as Vegetarian Times about the safety and
purity of these freshwater algae.  Apparently there is some debate
about the quality control and possible toxicity of aphaniz. algae.

I personally have used this type of algae to some good effect, and
with no adverse side effects; many fantastic claims have been made
about its nutritional and healing powers.  Your best bet --
comparison shop, and do some research of your own.

A former Cell Tech distributor.