Re: traditional japanese salad dressing

S. Novotny wrote (Wed, 9 Oct 1996 12:10:22 -0400 (EDT)):

> We were wondering if anyone has a "real
>recipe" or even can give us something similar.  She listed the
>ingredients as: sesame Seeds, ginger, saki, soy sauce, garlic, sugar.
>
>Sarah Novotny
>University of North Carolina
>Department of Physics
>CB#3255 Phillips Hall
>Chapel Hill NC 27514

Try this on green beans, carrots, parboiled greens (spinach, collards, bokchoy,
chard, etc.), or anything else that appeals. It's GREAT. (From
_Cooking_with_Japanese_Foods_ by Jan and John Belleme)

1 T toasted sesame seeds
1 T shoyu (_much_ better than Chinese & American soy sauces)
1 T lemon juice
1/2 T water
1 tsp juice from grated ginger

Just mix it all together.

Other ingredients to play mix and match with include sake, rice wine vinegar,
sherry, mirin, garlic and sugar.