Ginger Rice with Roasted Sweet Potatoes-Recipe

Ginger Rice with Roasted Sweet Potatoes

This simple dinner made a big impression.  I also had a green salad with
various little greens and cucumbers.

Sweet Potatoes
Scrub as many large sweet potatoes as you have people.  Place them in a
lasagna type pan (I used Pyrex), put a 1/2 inch of water in the pan.
  Roast at 400 F for approximately 40 minutes, or until they are very soft
when you fork them and parts of the skin are browning.  The water will be
gone.  Keep an eye on these, smaller sweet potatoes will roast faster.  If
your water boils away and they are still very hard, carefully add more
(keep your face away from the steam).

Ginger Rice
2 cups brown basmati rice
1 cup snipped dried shitake mushrooms, (use scissors to cut into small
	pieces), still dry*
1/4 cup snipped sun-dried tomatoes, still dry
1 cup chopped celery-you can use up the little stems and some leaves in
this
fresh ginger, approximately a square inch, chopped
5 1/2 cups water

Start the water boiling in your pressure cooker or pot.  Add everything,
stir, and  return to boil.  If you are using a pressure cooker, cook at
pressure for 15 minutes and allow pressure to come down naturally.  If you
are using a normal pot, cook for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.

* My shitakes are already clean, if yours need washing, rehydrate them and
reduce the water by 1 cup.

Serve the whole sweet potato in its skin next to a big pile of ginger rice.
 The skin is easily slit with a fork, I don't eat it, but my husband does.
  Choose a simple salad dressing, and keep the salad very green.  If your
ginger isn't very fresh, you may want more-the rice should be pretty
spunky.  Hope someone enjoys!
Anne Cox