Re: Weight Loss & Lentils & Rice recipe

I sent this to Peggy then noticed several other weight loss-related posts
so am risking sending this to the list to avoid further mis-postings.
Please forgive me.

Those you who are interested in weight loss might be interested in the
fat-loss support mailing list.  Lately there's been a heavy emphasis on
exercise, but eating issues are also often discussed.  The group is a nice
mix of folks who are struggling in the fatloss game (like me!) and others
who have "made it" but are committed to maintaining their new lifestyle.
It's a very supportive, upbeat list with a focus on a healthy life style,
not just weight loss.  To join, send the message "subscribe
fatloss-support" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Hope to see you there!

Now, so this post is not entirely off-topic, I was in the mood for some
comfort food this weekend, and came up with the following that fit the bill

Lentils & Rice

In a rice cooker dump:

2 cups brown rice
1 cup brown lentils
1 28 oz can tomatoes, chopped fine
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 onion, diced
2 large cloves garlic
1 tsp (or so) of thyme
a few squirts of Braggs Aminos (soy sauce would work just as well)
a few twists of ground black pepper
a pinch of cayenne pepper
4 cups water

Stir a little.  Cover, turn on the cooker and wait for the "ding."  Add
more aminos or soy sauce to taste.

1)  This recipe could, of course, be cooked equally well on the stove or
any other way you cook rice.  Probably even a slow cooker would work.
2)  The possible variations are nearly infinite--just add vegetables and
seasonings as your taste and pantry/refrigerator suggest.