Bean recipe

>From: "Tina D. Bell" <tdbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: beans - request
>Dear list,
>Do any of you have any bean recipes which
>*do not* use hot sauce, chili powder, hot
>peppers, or other *hot* spices.

        I haven't tried this one yet and I forget where I got it, somewhere
on the 'Net.  We like quesadillas so thought I'd send it on.  Note no chili
powder or hot sauce, <g>.

BLACK *BEAN QUESADILLAS

1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 green onions, chopped
1/3 c. red pepper, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
1 tbsp. medium salsa
6 10-inch flour tortillas
1 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Salsa, sour cream and guacamola

In bowl, mash black beans with a potato masher.  Stir in green onions, red
pepper, tomato, garlic, coriander and salsa--set aside.  Place 10-inch
non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.  When skillet is hot, lay one
tortilla flat on the bottom of the pan.  Cook for 1-2 min. or just until
tortilla begins to bubble.

Spread 1/4 c. of the black bean mixture on one half of the tortilla, and
sprinkle with 1/4 c. of the cheese.  Quickly fold tortilla over to sandwich
filling.  Turn quesadilla over with a spatula and continue to cook for 2-3
min. or until cheese and filling is melted and hot and tortilla is crisp.
Remove from skillet to a warm serving platter.  cook the rest of the
quesadillas as above using remaining tortillas, black bean filling and
cheese.  Serve with salsa, sour cream guamacole.  Can be cut into wedges for
an appetizer.

Keep hanging in there,
Jo

quoise@xxxxxxxxxx
The dead only speak of love... (poet unknown)