I recently posted the following receipe for fat free muffins. I forgot to
mention that my favorite fruit that is added in step 5 are the raspberries
These fat free muffins are delicious!
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups Kelloggs All-Bran (do not substitute)
1 1/4 cups soy or rice milk (low or no fat)
1/4 c egg-beaters or similar egg substitute
1/4 cup applesauce
vegetable cooking spray
1 cup fruit, drained.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine All-Bran and soy milk. Let stand for
2. In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir egg-beaters and applesauce into All-Bran & soy milk mixture.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients, stirring only until lightly combined
5. Carefully fold in 10 oz. of drained frozen raspberries or a small can
crushed pineapple, or a mixture of the two; (or one cup of any fruit
of your choice
can be used).
6. Bake at 400 deg. for 20 minutes, or until muffins feel done to the
touch and are
lightly browned. Serve warm.
Left-over muffins are delicious when warmed in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
Donald E. Stowe (Don) <destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>