Broccoli

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: FATFREE Digest V96 #216
Date:    96-08-06 10:28:23 EDT
From:    Zeftu
To:      fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx

Here is a dish I like using broccoli stems:

EASY BROCCAMOLE
Stems and stalks from one bunch of broccoli, washed, ends removed. About 2
cups when finely chopped. ( if they are real tough I would peel and perhaps
blanch before chopping)
2 teaspoons fresh lime or lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt (fresh would be even better)
1 tablespoon hot taco sauce ,or to taste
2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
1/4 medium tomato, finely chopped
Cilantro for garnish, if desired

Place broccoli stems and stalks in a food processor with a metal blade
inserted, and process until finely chopped.  Add lime or lemon juice, garlic
salt, taco sauce, onion and tomato.  Pulse three or four times to
incorporate.  Garnish with cilantro, if desired.

Note: If you don't have a processor you can grate broccoli.
Enjoy!!   Peggy