Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:03:36 -0400
From: "Donald E. Stowe" (email@example.com)
Here is a crockpot receipe that I worked on several years ago.
Split Pea-Barley Vegetable Soup
These directions are for a Crockpot but you could cook this soup on the
top of the stove.
1. Add 1 qt. of water to the Crockpot.
2. Add 2/3 cup rinsed split peas, 1/3 cup Barley and 1 cup sliced carrots
(if instant barley, add to step 6).
3. Cover and cook on high for about two hours.
4. Add 1 more qt. of water, 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions, 3/4 cups
diced celery, 1 can of corn(or frozen corn) and 1 1/2-2 cups diced
5. Cover and simmer on high until vegetables are almost done (~2 hours).
6. Season: 1 teas. onion powder, 1 teas. basil, 1/2 teas. garlic powder, 1
teas salt and
1/2 teas. pepper (or to taste). Simmer 1/2 hour more.