Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 20:25:11 -0800
From: Kathleen (email@example.com)
We had this soup for dinner tonight along with fresh fruit and bread. I
like the way the recipe writer gave an overview of the process at the
beginning of the directions. I skipped the parsley and added Better than
Bouillon. The recipe was originally posted on another list.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Pea, Leek And Broccoli Soup (High-Fiber)
Recipe By : High Fiber Cookbook By Anne Sheasby
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Soups And Stews Vegetables
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 onion -- chopped
2 cups trimmed sliced leeks
8 ounces potatoes; thin skinned -- sliced
3 3/4 cups vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley -- or more
plus leaves -- to garnish
salt and black pepper
TIP: This soup is cooked and then pureed. If you prefer, cut the
vegetables finely and leave the soup chunky. Soup may be prepared in under
30 minutes when vegetables are coarsely chopped in a food processor and
pureed with a potato masher.
1. Put onion, leeks, potatoes, stock and bay leaf in a large saucepan and
stir together. Cover; bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
2. Add broccoli and peas, cover; return to a boil and simmer for another
10 mintues, stirring occasionally.
3. Set aside to cool slighly and remove and discard the bay leaf. Puree
in blender or food processor until smooth.
4. Add the parsley, season to taste and process briefly, Return to the
saucepan and reheat gently until piping hot. Ladel into soup bowls and
garnish with parsley leaves.
* INFO* Recipe from THE HIGH FIBER COOKBOOK, by Anne Sheasby. 1997: Anness
Publishing ISBN 1551106035)