Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 15:01:37 +0200 (SAST)
From: Sue Winship (WINSHIS@che.und.ac.za)
I'm delurking to share a veggie burger recipe with you. I made this
recipe last night (adapted from a recipe in a SA magazine called
Essentials...I can't remember which issue) and they were very tasty,
so tasty I had one for lunch today.
1 tin (400 g) kidney beans
1 onion, peeled & chopped finely
1 beef tomato, peeled & chopped finely
seasoning - the original recipe added some chilli relish which I left
out; I just added mixed herbs & some chutney.
wholewheat flour for binding (optional)
1) Drain liquid from beans and rinse under cold water. Place in a
microwaveable dish with the onion, tomato & seasoning.
2) Microwave on 100% for approx 2 to 3 mins (until beans are soft).
3) Mash up beans and add enough flour to make a stiff mixture.
4) Divide into 4 patties and cook**
** I cooked the patties by dry frying them in a non-stick frying
pan. You could also try cooking them on a browning plate in the
microwave, under the grill (broiler, I think to the American
readers??) or on the barbeque.
5) Serve with salad and fatfree microwave chips