Date: Thu, 23 Feb 95 12:31:58 PST
From: Ari Kornfeld (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WILD WILD DINNER (Wild Rice/Wild Mushrooms)
serves 4-6 ?
1 cup wild rice (I like Lungren's mix)
2 cups fresh wild mushrooms, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
2 cups mushroom/vege broth
- put rice, liquid into a covered casserole dish and place in oven at
around 300 F.
- preheat a pan, add balsamic and immediately added diced onions.
- after around 10 minutes add mushrooms to onions, turn flame to
- when the liquid in the oven boils turn oven down to 250. When it's
around 3/4 absorbed (around 45 minutes), stir in mushroom and onions.
- when liquid is fully absorbed turn off oven, fluff rice, and put in
oven partially uncovered for another 15 minutes.
Serve with green vegetables like broccoli.
This tastes especially good with some chopped walnuts added!
(Mushroom broth is the liquid that comes out of meaty mushrooms when
you dry-sautee them. I.e. put it in a pan and heat with no added
liquid. As the liquid comes out of the mushroom, pour it off and
I used horse mushrooms (relative of the button) and some rehydrated
Boletes. Of course you could do this with brown rice, domesticated mushrooms