Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 20:02:55 -0700
I thought I'd post these recipes I created for a natural
food deli I worked for. (For those in Milwaukee, it was Outpost.)
1/4 cup vegetable broth 2 cups Spanish onion
1 cup celery 1/2 cup green pepper
1/2 cup red pepper 4 ounces carrots
1 cup green onions 1 large tomato
1 zucchini 1 yellow squash
8 ounces extra firm tofu 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
2 vegetable bouillon cubes 5 cups water
1 teaspoon whole cumin 1/2 teaspoon basil
3/4 teaspoon crushed dried hot red peppers
2 tablespoons hot paprika 1 teaspoon thyme
2 large cloves garlic, minced 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1. Chop all vegetables.
2. Drain tofu, and cut in 1-inch cubes.
3. Saute all vegetables in the vegetable broth for 10 minutes, stirring
4. Add bouillon cubes, water, and spices.
5. Bring to a boil, add rice, return to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to a
6. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add tofu, and stir well to mix. Recover and
simmer until rice is done, about 30-40 minutes.