Date: Wed, 12 Jan 94 08:49:12 EST
From: Christina Hulbe (email@example.com)
Sweet Potato Dinner
1) washed, pierced all over with a fork, && cooked in the
microwave until just tender, then wrapped in a towel
to sit until needed.
2) caramelized some thin rings of onion in a non-stick
skillet, using veg stock to deglaze
3) added 1/2 cup of stock to the pan and seasoned with
garlic salt, shredded ginger root, "chili powder",
ground corriander, and a Tbsp or so of nutitional yeast
4) while the sauce simmered, I peeled && diced the
sweet potato, tossed it in && let it simmer until the
sauce is thickened (&& some soaks into the potato)
5) cut several leaves of kale into thin strips && stirred
in just before serving.
6) serve with salsa
I had this on masa && whole wheat pancakes but it would
be good with brown rice or fatfree tortillas too.