Date: Sun, 09 Apr 95 15:01:20 CDT
Here is a Passover recipe which I stumbled upon while surfing the
internet, and have adapted for FF-ing.
Potato-Carrot Kugel (for Passover)
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6-8)
6 large potatoes, peeled (about 4 lb)
4 carrots, peeled
1 large onion, peeled
4 egg whites (or replacement for 2 eggs)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
6 Tbsp matzo meal
1 Tbsp potato starch
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
(1) Preheat oven to 375 deg. F . Spray a pan that is
about 9x9 inches.
(2) Put one egg-replacement (or 2 egg-whites) into blender;
start blender at high speed. Add half of onion,
three of the potatoes (cut up into 1-inch pieces) and two
of the carrots (cut up into similar pieces).
(3) Blend till smooth. Empty blender into large mixing bowl.
Repeat with other egg-replacement, and remainder of
onion, potatoes, and carrots.
(4) Stir in salt, sugar, matzo meal, potato starch,
black pepper, and parsley.
(5) Pour into pan, sprinkle top with paprika, and bake
for 1 hour or until browned.
Spices can be varied according to taste.
For non-Passover use: Replace matzo-meal & potato starch
by 4 Tbsp flour.