Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 15:01:48 -0700
From: "Berger, Jennifer N." (Berger@courier4.aero.org)
Stuffed Baked Potatoes.
I made delish stuffed baked potatoes for dinner the other night. I adapted
the recipe from Ornish's Eat More/Weigh Less book. His recipe was quite
lengthy and I didn't have everything on hand so here is my version of those
potatoes. Besides I hate following cookbook recipes. I love following simple
tried and true recipes like those we share on this list.
Gather as many extra large baking potatoes you need (one for each person).
Bake them for about 30 minutes in the oven and then microwave them for about
another 10 minutes. This speeds up the cooking time since extra large baking
potatoes take forever to cook!
For each stuffed potato:
(I made them one at a time.)
1. Slice off the top most part lengthwise of the potato and discard. Scoop
out insides and place in a mixing bowl. Save potato skins.
2. Add some nonfat milk (3 tablespoons or so) to the scooped out potato in
3. Add some nonfat sour cream, paprika, garlic and green onions to taste.
4. Whip or mash potato mixture with a fork and stuff back inside the potato
5. Top off with more green onions and place all stuffed potatoes on a cookie
sheet and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Enjoy! The paprika added great flavor and tinted the potato mixture
beautifully. They looked wonderful and yummy. It is not as hard to make as
it sounds. It is a great treat for FF'ers and SAD eaters alike.