Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:23:27 -0700
From: "Zoe Sodja" (email@example.com)
Spaghetti Primavera with Grilled Vegetables
(grilling the vegetables give this lots of flavor)
1 zucchini, cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices
1 yellow squash, cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices
1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Olive oil spray
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces spaghetti
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (use more if you like)
1 tomato, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup stock
1 cup FF sour cream
8 fresh basil leaves, thinly slivered, plus 4 whole leaves for garnish
Freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of cayenne
1. Preheat the grill or broiler. Spray the zucchini, squash, and onion slices
with oil - or you could also grill them with no oil whatsoever and use some
delicious marinade. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill them until
nicely browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
2. Cook the pasta in 3 quarts lightly salted, boiling water until al dente, 8
3. Meanwhile saute the shallots and garlic until fragrant but not brown, about
2 minutes. Add the tomato and cook for 1 minute. Thinly slice the grilled
vegetables, add them to the pan, and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the stock and sour cream. Briskly boil for 5 to 8 minutes, or until
well reduced, thickened, and richly flavored. Stir in the basil and pasta and
cook until thoroughly heated, 2 minutes, turning with tongs. Correct the
seasoning, adding salt and peppers to taste.
5. Spoon the pasta into bowls - sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. This is an extremely delicious recipe!