Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:12:35 -0400
From: "Acri, Joanne" (JAcri@carlsoncanada.com)
Here is my "improvised" recipe for vegetable curry...
I use the same amount of broth and flavouring and I just mix up the
3 cups veggie broth
2 tsp. curry powder (more or less to taste)
salt to taste
A couple of other standards are...
1 med to large onion chopped (I love onions!)
2+ cloves of garlic, crushed (or just shake in some powder -- I like the
1 cup (or so) of chick peas -- you can add more if you like -- good for
I have also added some fresh grated ginger -- that's good too
Then I mix in the vegetables...
1 small head of broccoli
2 med size sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
1) Saute onions and garlic (and ginger) in a bit of broth in a wok (or
2) Add some more broth and stir in curry powder (bit of salt)
3) Add chick peas and sweet potatoes and enough broth just to cover the
4) Let cook for a while and once the sweet potatoes are close to being
cooked, add in the broccoli (you may have to add in some more broth)
5) Let all that stuff cook together for a while and once the sweet potatoes
are cooked it's all done!
I substitute sweet potatoes for regular potatoes and instead of
broccoli I have tried frozen peas. They all come out delicious with
the curry flavouring. You can eat it alone or over some rice!