Date: 21 May 95 21:00:12 EDT
From: "Janice R. Springer" (email@example.com)
Monsoon Curried Yams and Potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons curry paste
3 cups diced yams
1 cup diced potatoes
2 tablespoons mirren
1 cup frozen peas
Mirren and balsamic vinegar for sauteeing
Notes on ingredients:
- The curry paste that I've been experimenting with is "Thai Kitchen"
Green Curry Paste. It's made from green chilies, garlic, onion,
spices and salt. Its very strong, and I had to cut back to 2
- The recipe called for 2 tablespoons sake, but I used mirren since
that's what I have on hand.
- The cookbook suggested serving with yogurt, mango chutney and
cucumber slices. I'm rarely well organized enough to have so many
ingredients in the house simultaneously.
- This dish is spicy, so have lots of cooked rice on hand.
(1) Saute onion, garlic and curry paste in mirren and balsamic vinegar over
medium heat until the onion is translucent.
(2) Stir in yams and potatoes. Add mirren. Mix gently to coat yams and
potatoes with seasonings.
(3) Close lid and bring to low pressure over high heat. Adjust heat to
stabilize pressure. Cook for 3 minutes.
(4) Remove from heat and bring down pressure rapidly using manual release or
cold water. I think the technique for this varies with the design of the
(5) Add peas. Close lid and bring to low pressure over medium high heat.
(6) Immediately remove from heat and allow pressure to dissipate naturally.