Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 22:24:04 -0400 (EDT)
For those of you that like things spicy, here is few recipe that I
adapted from Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Michael Pandya. This book has a lot
of great recipes that are easy to adapt. I really like spicy recipes,
especially during the winter!
Fenugreek & Potatoes with Rice
This is truly great. If you can't find fenugreek leaves, you can substitude
3 tbs veggie broth
1 tsp cumin
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 potatoes, diced
1 pound fenugreek or spinach leaves, chopped
2 cups long grain brown rice, presoaked
3-3/4 cups water
salt to taste
1 green chile, chopped
1 tsp garam masala*
1. Heat veggie broth and saute cumin and onion until soft.
2. Add potatoes and spinach, cover, and cook over medium heat about 5
minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add rice, water, salt and chilie and bring to a boil. Do not cover pan.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until the
rice is tender.
Sprinkle with garam masala.
* These items can be found in an Indian grocery.