Date: Mon, 20 Jun 94 14:54:01 CDT
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Maureen O'Halloran)
_Thai-like Green Curry_
3/4 pound dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas) or about 3 cans
4 large green chilis (Anneheim)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (coriander) (not too tightly packed)
rind of 3/4 lemon (removed with vegetable peeler -- no white pith)
2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground cardomon
1/4 teaspoon ground anise seeds
1 Tablespoon tamari (soy sauce)
1 Tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
1 cup apple juice
1 14 oz can evaporated skim milk (or substitute soy or rice milk)
1) Soak garbanzo beans and cook according to package directions (I
used a crock pot).
2) Take next set of ingredients and blend in food processor or blender
until they form a paste.
3) Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes then
add paste. Stir and cook for about five minutes. Some of paste may
stick and brown but don't let it burn. Add apple juice and stir to
unstick bottom crust. Cook for another 5 minutes stirring.
4) Add cooked garbanzo beans and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and
simmer about 15 minutes.
5) Add evaporated milk and simmer another 15 minutes.
6) Serve over rice.