Date: Tue, 5 Dec 95 7:38:13 -0500
From: "Jackson, Mandy" (email@example.com)
Candied Fruit Peel (T)
* peel from 2 oranges (grapefruit, etc.), cut into strips
* 2 cups water
* 1/2 TBS salt
1) Place peel, water and salt in a large bowl. Soak 24 hours.
2) Drain and rinse peel.
3) Soak peel in fresh water 20 minutes. Drain again.
4) Place in a large pot of fresh, boiling water. Cook 20 minutes.
5) When cool, drain and measure peel in a measuring cup.
6) Place peel and equal amount of sugar in a large pot. Cook over medium
heat 45 minutes or until sugar is absorbed. Stir often. Be careful not
to burn. Dry on a cookie sheet.
these sound a bit odd, but make a pretty & yummy treat.