Date: Sun, 05 Feb 95 11:05:07 EST
From: BRRB11A@prodigy.com (MRS ROSE L GEIGER)
-- [ From: Rose Geiger * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --
Haven't made this myself, but did taste it. Good for cleansing the
---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.00 (BB)
Title: Cranberry-apple Sorbet
Categories: Fat-free, Desserts, Ornish
Yield: 2 to 2 1/2 cups
2 Golden Delicious apples
Peeled, cored, and coarsely
2 c Cranberry Juice
1. In medium-size saucepan, combine apples and juice.
Heat to boiling.
2. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes or
until apples are very soft.
3. Uncover and set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. In food processor or blender, puree apple and juice
5. Pour into ice-cream maker and process into sorbet following
manufacturer's directions. OR
6. If not using ice-cream maker, pour puree into a9-inch square pan.
Cover and freeze until partially frozen -- about 2 hours.
7. Meanwhile, chill a large bowl and beaters of an electric mixer.
8. Place puree in chilled bowl and beat on low speed until pieces
are broken up, then beat on high speed until smooth and fluffy --
about 1 minute.
9. Pack sorbet into freezer container and freeze several hours
Nutritional Info: (per 1/2 cup) 2 g. protein, 27 g.
carbohydrate, .3 g. fat, 2 g. fiber, 2 mg. sodium, 108