Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 02:07:22 EDT
From: Lana Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Croustarde aux Pommes
cinnamon to taste
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Chop up the apples and place them in a 8x8 inch baking pan (use a bit
of PAM or an equivalent to lightly "grease" the pan. But you can proabaly
get away without it).
2. Pour the maple syrup over the apples and then sprinkle cinnamon over
it all (I like to use lots! :) ).
3. In a bowl, mix together the flour and oatmeal. Then add the applesauce
and brown sugar, and mix until the flour is just moistened and even a bit
dry in some parts.
4. Spread (or sort of "spoon and pat") the flour/oatmeal/applesauce/brown
sugar mixture onto the apples. It doesn't have to spread from edge to edge -
just spread it out best you can and don't worry about empty spots! :)
5. Bake this in the oven at 375 degrees fahrenheit for about 35 minutes.
When done, just "scoop" out of the pan, making sure to get both the
crunchy part (the croustarde) and the apples. This is definitely not
something you can cut! I usually just stand right over the oven and eat
it all straight from the pan! :)