Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 17:00:17 -0700
For those cookie fans out there here is my favourite chocolate cookie fix. This
recipe is based on a basic cookie recipe from lightcooking.com.
1 cup flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
2 egg whites or subst for 1 egg.
1.5 Tbs unpacked brown sugar
1/2 Tbs vanilla extract (immitation)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
2.5 Tbs Cocoa powder, unsweetened (This is for a very very rich chocolate taste.)
1 cup Cornflakes (I used Kellogg's as they were the lowest in fat)
1) Preheat oven to 190'C.
2) Mix egg whites, vanilla and sugars in a small bowl.
3) In a large bowl mix dry ingredients (incl. cornflakes).
4) Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix carefully
as you don't want to crush the cornflakes too much.
5) Drop spoonfuls onto non-stick cookie tray and flatten a little if needed.
6) Cook for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
7) Make some chocolate icing (apple sauce, icing sugar, cocoa and water) and ice
cookies once cooled if you can wait that long. You can top these with 1/2 a walnut
if you are feeling naughty ... but they really aren't needed!
This recipe can easily be doubled etc .... but I find that too dangerous as these
taste too good!
Per cookie: 3.5% Cal from fat, 85.3% Carbohydrates, 11.2% Protein, 84 Calories