Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 23:55:47 -0700
From: manicd@SIRIUS.COM (J Joseph)
Mongolian Hot Pot:
One thing we enjoy in our fondue pot (now that we're not doing the
cheese thing) is a Mongolian Hot Pot:
1. Heat some really great veggie broth.
2. Put it in the fondue pot. Toss in some chopped garlic and ginger.
3. Using a fondue fork, skewer vegetables (zukes, shrooms, broccoli, etc.)
and extra-firm lowfat tofu that's been cut into 1-in squares.
4. Let skewered items simmer in broth.
5. When cooked, remove skewered vegetables, etc. and dip in sauce made from
low-sodium soy sauce, garlic, ginger, a little honey, and 1 drop of chinese
sesame oil (for flavor); or any other sauce.
6. Afterward, pour the broth into bowls and enjoy. Definitely a different
kind of fondue.