Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 09:47:56 EDT
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Anich, Eaton Corporation, Milwaukee)
From _Cooking Without Fat_ by George Mateljan
32 ounce carton of plain nonfat yogurt*
1 1/2 cups fat free cookies, ground into fine crumbs
1/2 cup honey
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon arrowroot
3 egg whites
1/4 cup + 1/4 cup fruit juice sweetened raspberry preserves
* Day before: Drain yogurt to make yogurt cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Moisten fingers with water and press cookie crumbs over bottom of 8
inch springform pan. Chill while preparing remaining ingredients.
3. Beat together yogurt cheese, honey, vanilla, and arrowroot.
4. Beat egg whites to soft peak stage. Fold egg whites into cheese
mixture and beat until well blended.
5. Pour half of filling into prepared pan. Spread 1/4 cup of jam on top;
pour remaining filling on top. With knife, cut through cheesecake to
form a swirl. Smooth top with spatula.
6. Bake at 325 F for 50 minutes, or until center is set and surface is
lightly browned. Remove cake from oven, cool to room temperature.
7. Spread remaining 1/4 cup of preserves over top of cheesecake,
refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Of course other jams can replace the raspberry flavor. Also I have found it
good to put fresh fruit on top instead of the jam.
Fat: .2 gram
% of calories from fat: 1%
Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
Sodium: 151 milligrams
Dietary Fiber: 2 grams
This recipe makes 8 servings.