Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 13:31:59 EDT
From: Lynn Stepanek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
(two loaves - measure out to .8g fat per 1/10 loaf slice)
6-7 c all-purpose flour
2 packages yeast
2 cups milk (what ever version you use - I use 1/2%)
1/4 c sugar(I used an unrefined granulated sugar I get at my HFS)
1/4 c applesauce
2 teaspoons salt
6 egg whites
cinnamon and sugar mix (1 c sugar to 4 teaspoons cinnamon)
raisons if desired
- Mix 3 cups flour and yeast in large bowl.
- Warm milk, sugar, applesauce, salt over stove until warm to touch
(115deg). When warm mix into flour mixture, ADD EGGS and beat at
high speed for three minutes.
- Stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible. (I stired in 3
- Turn out on floured board and knead in as much of the rest of the
flour as possible to make a soft elastic dough.
- Put in greased bowl and let rise. (I used a touch of lf spray oil
and covered with a wet papertowel. Terry cloth will stick and make
a mess.) Let rise until double (about 1 1/4 hours).
- Punch down. Divide in half. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Roll out into a15"X7" rectangle (I used slightly larger because I
have 9" loaf pans.) Wet surface slightly with water and sprinkle
with 1/2 cinnamon mixture, make sure to get close to edges.
- Sprinkle with raisons if desired. Roll up like a jelly roll and
tuck edges under. Put in sprayed loaf pan and let rise until
double, about 30-40 minutes. Bake at 375 deg about 45 minutes or
until done. (Once the bread gets nice and brown, cover with foil
and cook another 15 minutes.) Let cool some before cutting.