Date: 05 Aug 93 14:01:00 EDT
From: "Carol A. Ruiz (203) 727-7706" (CAR%A1%UTRC@mrgate.utc.com)
Subject: Tomato Garlic Bread
Here's a recipe for tomato-garlic bread -- I made it to substitute for
regular garlic bread (with butter & cheese) and everone loved it.
1. Slice a loaf of italian/french bread and lay out pieces face up on a
2. Cut fresh tomatoes in half (1 tomato does 6 slices) and, holding them
like a half a lemon, crush them over your bread, leaving behind juice and
bits of tomato.
3. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and oregano to taste.
4. Place on top rack of oven on BROIL for 1-2 minutes or until edges turn
5. Turn off oven and move bread to lower shelf - leave in the oven for
3-5 minutes (will make the bread more crispy)
Hope you all enjoy this as much as we did -- I imagine if you REALLY love
garlic, you could use crushed garlic cloves instead of garlic powder.