[Fwd: Asian Vegetable Sauce]

Not sure where I found this--somewhere online and long ago.  Enjoy!

B-)

Asian Vegetable Sauce

1 tb cooking medium (I use water)
2    Cloves garlic, minced (or more)
1 tb Grated fresh ginger root
1 ts Cornstarch
1/4 c  Soy sauce
2 tb Orange juice
1 tb Rice or white vinegar
1 tb Sherry, sake or mirin (I used apple juice and it worked)
1/4 lb Snow peas, ends trimmed
1/4 lb Fresh mushrooms, sliced
2    Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 lb Soba noodles, fettuccini or ravioli, cooked according to package

Combine water, garlic, and ginger root in 2 quart microwave safe
casserole. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds.  Combine
cornstarch with soy sauce in small bowl and stir until smooth.  Add soy
sauce mixture to garlic ginger, along with orange juice, vinegar and
sherry.  Mix well. Microwave, uncovered, on high until boiling and
slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes, stirring after 1 minutes. Stir after
cooking until sauce is smooth. Add snow peas, mushrooms and carrots.
cover tightly with lid, or plastic wrap turned back slightly on one
side. MIcrowave on high until vegetables are tender crisp, 3-4 minutes,
stirring once. Serve over cooked noodles or ravioli.