Re: Miso Soup

> I missed the posting for Miso Soup.  Can someone please post it again.
> Thank you...
>
> Chris

I'm not sure which Miso Soup was posted, but here's a very simple one.  Personally,
I like to add mushrooms and sometimes other veggies to make this heartier.

Susan

* Exported from MasterCook *

                               Miso Soup

Recipe By     :The New McDougall Cookbook
Serving Size  : 4     Preparation Time :0:15
Categories    : Fatfree                         Japanese
                Soups And Stews                 Tofu

  1              quart  water
     1/4           cup  mellow white miso
  1         tablespoon  soy sauce -- or more to taste
     1/4           cup  chopped scallions
  6             ounces  Mori-Nu extra-firm lite silken tofu

Place the water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place the miso in a
small bowl.  Add about 1/2 cup of the boiling water to the miso and mix
well.  Pour into the saucepan.  Add soy sauce, scallion and tofu.  Heat
for 1 to 2 minutes.  Taste and add additional soy sauce, if desired.  Stir
often while serving to make sure the vegetables and tofu are well
distributed.

Per serving: 55 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (21% calories from fat); 5g Protein;
6g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 928mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other
Carbohydrates

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 905 0 0 -9172