*************************************

Date:    Fri, 22 Apr 94 10:31:36 +0200
From:    Annice Grinberg <VSANNICE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                         CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE

1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cup hot water

Mix the first eight ingredients together.  Pour into a sprayed 8" square
baking pan.  Mix the brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.  Sprinkle over the
batter.  Pour the hot water over the entire top surface.  Bake at 350 for
about 45 minutes.

The topping sinks through the cake to form a pudding layer at the bottom.
This cake tastes so rich it's hard to believe there's no fat or eggs in it.
We prefer it chilled, but it can be served ar room temperature, or even
warm, if you can't wait.  It will keep for several days (but not in my
house!), but DO NOT FREEZE. If you do, the pudding will turn very watery.