Re: FATFREE Digest V01 #143

>Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:06:38 EDT
>From: Wackyblnd2@xxxxxxx
>Subject: RE:  PawPaw
>
>And we're off with the great PawPaw debate...  Do they grow on trees like the
>mango, taste like a cross between the banana and the pear????
>
>                                        OR...
>
>Do they grow on a vine like a cantaloupe, with the orange fleshy meat????
>
>Stay tuned for the next episode of "How Do The PawPaw Grow???"
>
>Sorry just fooling around, I hope I didn't upset anyone, but we need a little
>humor in our lives...So give a smile to someone today!!!

Pawpaws grow on smallish trees - I've read that the trees
can grow up to 30' high - a decent size, but certainly
nothing like an oak or a maple.

I've never, ever seen one for sale anywhere (the fruit, I
mean, not the tree) - so I've never tasted one, but would
like to.  Hmmmm, maybe I'll see if they will grow in our
area and plant one.

Cheers,
Pat