paw-paws

Hi, someone asked about paw-paws. I actually have three trees, but it will
be a while before I know what they taste like as they are about 2 feet tall
right now. I'm not sure how old they have to be before I get fruit. They are
supposed to taste like a combination of bananas and pears. The fruit is
light green in color and turns yellowish when ripe. it is shaped rather like
a mango and is about 3-4 inches in length. You have to have at least two
different varieties for pollination. Mine are grafted hybrids and will be
about 10 feet tall when mature. native paw-paws which grow around here get
to be about 30 feet in height.
Jan Bennicoff