Portobello mushrooms

I made a lovely meal this weekend which consisted of pea, leek and rocket
risotto, served with a red wine sauce made with the mushrooms.

Basically I cooked the mushrooms in a pan (I used some butter and stock,
but I'm sure you could emit the fat) for a few minutes until they had
browned some. When cooked down, I took them out of the pan and put them on
one side.
Then I made a roux sauce using both red wine and some stock until I reached
a gravy-like consistency.
I put the mushrooms back into the pan with the sauce, which could then be
heated up as and when needed.

Portobello mushrooms have such a lovely flavour which goes so well with red
wine. Another idea would be to make some kind of casserole along the same
lines.

Hope this helps
Lottie