canned beans

<< I noticed that a lot of people included the canning liquids for soups =
 with chick peas and beans. I have been told a few times that this is bad =
 for you to eat, and also that it is the source of extra gas people tend =
 to get form beans. Are either of these true? I've always rinsed away all =
 the liquid for all my cooking. >>

Although I have heard the "extra gas" argument as well, I always thought that
the main reason for rinsing beans, or any canned veggie, was because of all
the sodium used in canning.

Terry