gas and beans

You are lucky, Terry, that you don't have the problem with beans and gas! My family and I have been veggies for 13 years and we still have problems with it. :)

I usually cook my own beans and put them in the freezer. I use the quick soak method (cover your cleaned beans with cold water and bring to a boil, boil 3 minutes, cover and turn off heat and let sit 1 hour. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cover beans with fresh cold water, bring to a boil and cook for the time appropriate for your beans. Drain and rinse, and they are ready to use) I usually fill the pot with ice cubes and cold water to chill the beans quickly then drain and fill freezer bags with 2 cups (equivalent to 15 oz tin) of beans. I push the air out of the bags and freeze the bags flat and store them filed upright in my freezer basket. A quick 'ccrrack' against the sink loosens a little (or the whole lot!) for recipes.

Whenever I use canned beans-oh boy, do we have gas! :) More than you probably wanted to know ;P

Bye for now
Sheila