Re: FATFREE Digest V00 #338

Cracker Style Thin Pizza Crust (Makes 2 - 14 inch round thin style crusts)

1 pound bread flour* (about 3 1/8 cups) (I use whole wheat bread flour)
1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
1 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt

*Must be bread flour.  It is more accurate to weigh flour, rather than
measure it.

In a stand mixer (I use a Kitchen Aid) fitted with dough hook, add the water
and yeast.  Mix thoroughly until yeast has fully dissolved.  Add salt and
flour.  Mix on low until most of the flour and water have mixed.  Dough
should form a ball, but still be firm.  If needed add warm water one
tablespoon at a time.  If dough is gooey (too wet) add bread flour one
tablespoon at a time until dough forms a ball. Continue machine kneading for
10 more minutes.  Divide dough into 2 equal size balls.

Place dough ball into a bowl lightly sprayed with olive oil spray and cover
tightly with plastic wrap.  Let dough rise in the refrigerator for 24 hours
before using.  Do not shorten the refrigerator rising time.  (Dough may be
left up to 3 days in the refrigerator before using.)

I place the second dough ball in an lightly oil sprayed quart size freezer
bag and freeze for later use.  The frozen dough must be moved from the
freezer to the refrigerator at least 36 hours before using.

When ready to make the pizza, remove dough from the refrigerator one to two
hours before needed.  Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.  Once the dough has
warmed to room temperature, turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Using a heavy rolling pin, roll the dough out to form a 14 inch circle.  The
surface of the dough must then be pricked (like saltine crackers).  I use a
meat mallet to prick the crust or you may use a fork.  Then fold the edge of
crust under and pinch up to form an edge similar to a pie crust.

This crust is best when cooked on a hot pizza stone lightly dusted with
cornmeal.  Use a pizza peel to move the crust onto the stone or remove the
stone from the oven and quickly lift the dough onto the stone and add your
pizza toppings and immediately bake in the 500 F degree oven for
approximately 7 minutes.

The pizza will need to cool for several minutes before slicing.

This recipe sounded difficult to me, but really isn't.
HTH, Enjoy!  Pami