rice cooker question

Although I no longer bother with a rice cooker, for years (until it broke) I
very happily used a relatively cheap Black and Decker rice and vegetable
steamer.  I was always happy with the results.  I don't think I could have
browned or scorched the rice if I wanted to!  I always cooked brown rice in
it and it always came out great, certainly never sticky.

Terry