Sweet Potato Ravioli

A new world has just opened up to me, so I thought I'd share it - WONTON
WRAPPERS are used to make this "Ravioli" dish.  It couldn't be easier, and
the flavors are wonderful.  I cook the sweet potato in the microwave the day
before, and then let it cool in the refrigerator overnight.  Then before I
went to work I mashed it, and stirred in the yogurt and herbs.  This made it
very quick to complete when I came home from work.
I wonder what other fillings could be used in the wrappers?  Maybe spinach
and fat-free ricotta?
I'd love to hear your ideas.

Ruth in warm and muggy Chicago 'burbs

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

              Sweet Potato Ravioli

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Main Dishes

     3/4  pound         sweet potato -- cooked & mashed
   2      tablespoons   nonfat plain yogurt
   1      teaspoon      fresh chives -- minced
   1      teaspoon      sage
  24      whole         won-ton wrappers
   2      tablespoons   flour
   1       clove         garlic, minced
     1/2  cup           skim milk
     1/2  cup           vegetable broth
     1/2  cup           fat-free parmesan Cheese
     1/4  teaspoon      ground nutmeg
     1/4  teaspoon      ground white pepper

Combine cooled  mashed sweet potato with yogurt, chives and 1/2 teaspoon of
the sage.  Place wonton wrappers on counter.  Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon potato
mixture in center of each wonton.  Spread filling flat leaving 1/2 inch
border.  Brush edges lightly with water.  Fold wontons in half diagonally,
pressing lightly to seal.  Place filled wontons on baking sheet and cover
loosely with plastic wrap.
Bring 1 1/2 quarts water to a boil in large pan.  Reduce heat to medium.  Add
a few ravioli at a time, do not overcrowd.  Cook until tender, about 9
minutes.  Transfer to platter with slotted spoon.
Add flour to garlic, milk and broth in a saucepan.  Cook and stir constantly
until thickened, and then about 4 minutes more.  Stir in nutmeg, and pepper.
Put a little of the sauce on a serving platter, then place ravioli on top of
sauce.  Cover with remainder of sauce and sprinkle on the rest of the sage.
Sprinkle with fat-free parmesan cheese.