Re: Plums

I got several pecks of plums from the local orchard this summer.  Wonderful
little purple ones as well as golden plums.  Of course, no one can eat them
quick enough to keep them from over-ripening.  So, I skin and seed them, and
pack them in ziplock bags in the freezer.  When I'm ready for a super dessert
this winter, I make 'plum dumplings'.

All I do is thaw four cups, mash them slightly to make a thick sauce, sweeten
to taste, heat and then thicken slightly with corn starch.  Then I put the
hot sauce into a serving dish, top with teaspoons of your favorite dumpling
mixture, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake in a 350 oven for 20
minutes to half an hour.

The result are what I call my plum dumplings.  And they're wonderful! :-)

Hope this helps.

Bonnie

In a message dated 8/28/01 1:19:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,