Yet Another Oatmeal Cookie

Hi Everyone,

I make these all the time - I've been playing around with the recipe for
years.  I'm assuming these are pretty healthy too, for a cookie.  :-)  They're
best the same day they're made - the texture changes over time (they become
soft, then firm up again, depending on how long you leave them out).  Even
my die hard meat and potatoes husband likes them - "Good cookies, honey".  :-)

OATMEAL COOKIES

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat bran (optional - I've been using it)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt (makes up for salt that would have been in butter)

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Lighter Bake*
1/2 cup egg substitute (i.e., Eggbeaters, = 2 eggs)
1 tsp. vanilla

3 cups oatmeal (I use old-fashioned for texture)
"flavor bits" - raisins, dried cranberries, chopped dates, etc.

Mix dry ingredients together in small bowl.  "Cream" together
the sugars and Lighter Bake.  Mix in the egg sub.  Add vanilla.
Mix in the dry ingredients.  Stir in the oatmeal.  Drop by scant
tablespoons onto cooking-sprayed baking sheets.  Bake at 350 deg.
for 14-17 minutes, depending on size.

*Lighter Bake is a fat substitute I find in the local Safeway in
the aisle with the cooking oil.

Sometimes I'll add 1/3 cup cocoa powder, for chocolate oatmeal
cookies.  I've used less sugar, but decided, heck, we're trying to
cut FAT, right?  :-)

Best regards,
---Laura in Silicon Valley, CA