Ginger Snap Cookies

Amanda, this is another tried and true fat free cookie recipe.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Fat Free Ginger Snaps

Recipe By     :Jane
Categories    : Cookies Drop                    vegetarian

  2 3/4           cups  flour, whole-grain wheat
  1           teaspoon  ground ginger
  1 1/2      teaspoons  ground allspice
  1           teaspoon  baking soda
  1 1/4           cups  sugar
  1                cup  applesauce
  4        tablespoons  molasses
                        extra sugar for rolling

Mix together the flour, ginger, allspice and baking soda; set aside.  In a
large bowl, cream together the sugar, applesauce and molasses.  Add dry
ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just blended.

Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.  Oil cookie sheets. ( I use cooking oil
spray)

Roll a scant tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll the balls in sugar.
Place the balls on the prepared cookie sheet, flatten slightly.

Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven for chewy cookies, 12 to 15
minutes for crisp cookies.  Cool on wire racks.  Makes 4 dozen.

  "Makes soft chewy or crisp cookies!"

Yield:
  "4 dozen"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 52 Calories; trace Fat (2.4% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol;
27mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0