eggplant

> I have an eggplant, and I haven't a clue how to use
> it.  I bought it for a grillout, and inadvertantly
> left it home.

Otto,
You can make a great veggie stew called ratatouille. (pronounced-- rat at
too ee)

Just chop up that egggplant into 1 inch cubes,
add in some zuchinni, about half as much as  you have of eggplant,
chop a red or green bell pepper and an onion.

Toss it all into a big pot, add a can of whole or crushed tomatoes.
Season with some oregano or marjoram or basil or a combination of all and
salt and pepper. I like to add some crushed red chilis.
Let it simmer for an hour or so.  Serve as is or use it as a pasta sauce.
Jan