Re:lowfat Passover recipes.

Hi,

> Thanks for the Kugel recipe.  I would welcome any other Lowfat
> Vegetarian Passover recipes anyone might have.  Breakfast ideas?

I have lots of lowfat Passover recipes (not all of them suitable for this list). Here are three, the first of which could be used as a breakfast dish.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Apple-Cinnamon Farfel Kugel:

Recipe By     : ?
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Apples                          Kugels
                Low-Cal                         Low-Fat
                Pesach

  1                cup  matzo farfel
  1                cup  hot water
     1/2           cup  sugar
  3                     egg whites -- stiffly beaten
  2              large  apples -- grated
                        cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine the water and farfel. Add the sugar, spices, and apple. Fold in the egg whites. Pour into a small sprayed baking dish and dust with a bit more cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 45 minutes.

Cuisine:
  "Jewish"

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 100 Calories; trace Fat (1.4% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 29mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Leek, Potato & Matzo Gratin

Recipe By     :Net
Serving Size  : 4     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Low-Cal                         Low-Fat
                Pesach                          Potatoes

  1                     Red bell pepper -- diced
  1                Cup  Hot water
  6             Ounces  skim milk
  2              Large  leeks -- white part chopped
  5                     Mushrooms -- sliced
  3                     Matzos -- broken
  4                     Potatoes -- baked, peeled, slice
                        Minced chives or green onions
                        Salt, pepper, garlic ro taste

Preheat oven to 350F. Add leeks to skillet and saute in a little water,
cover until wilted.  Add red pepper saute 5 min. Combine matzos with water
in bowl, soak 3-5 min. until soft. Drain, squeeze out excess water. Combine
leek mixture and matzos with remaining ingredients, except chives. Stir
until fully mixed.  Pour into a lightly sprayed shallow 2 qt. casserole.
Sprinkle chives over top.  Bake 35 to 40 min,  or until top golden. Let
stand 5 to 10 min and cut.

Cuisine:
  "Jewish"

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 152 Calories; trace Fat (2.7% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 41mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Vegetable  Cutlets

Recipe By     :Net
Serving Size  : 4     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Low-Cal                         Low-Fat
                Pesach                          Vegetables

  2                     zucchini
  2                     potatoes
  2                     celery stalks
  2                     parsley roots
  2                     carrots
  7                     egg whites
  2                     onions
  4        tablespoons  matzo meal

Peel and cook vegetables in water until tender. Drain and mash. Add egg whites,
matzoh meal, salt and pepper to taste (I also add garlic).  Fry like
patties.

Cuisine:
  "Jewish"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 163 Calories; trace Fat (2.6% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.

Annice