quiche

I make a very good quiche - first, either shred 1 potato, or use a cup =
of frozen hash browns (either shreedded or finely chopped will work).  =
Soak potatoes for 15 minutes covered in cool water.  Drain.  Press into =
sprayed with Pam pie plate.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.  You =
may also sprinkle basil, oregano, or any other favoriet spices at this =
point.  Be generous as the spices don't cook up strongly.  Sautee a =
chopped onion, chopped broccoli, diced carrots, some chopped canned or =
fresh tomatoes, mushrooms are a treat, green, red or yellow peppers - =
you want about 2 cups worth of veggies when you're done - I never =
measure, just guess what will about fill your pie pan!
Put the veggies on top of the potatoes, pour 6 egg beaters over the top =
of veggies - cook at 325 F. for about 1/2 hour. =20
For Sunday brunch, I've added TVP sausage and FF cheese on the top too - =
really yummy!
enjoy
"I look upon the whole world as my homeland, and every war has to me the =
feel of family feud."
(Helen Keller)
blessings diana in st. louis