Venus

>> Does anybody have a recipe for a type of dessert called (I believe)
Capelozzi
>> di Venere (Nipples of Venus.) If it's not an acceptable recipe for the
list
>>then please respond privately.
>>
>>Talia

>This is a Viennese confection made famous by the movie "Amadeus."  It
>consists of fresh chestnuts, boiled in water for 5 minutes or baked on a
>cookie sheet at 450F for 5 min, after cutting an X on the stem end, then
>cooled, peeled and coated liberally with buttercream candy mix (1 bag 10x
>sugar, brandy or a flavored extract, enough butter to make a stiff paste
>and food coloring) and allowed to harden.  So, no, it's not an appropriate
>recipe for this list.

Oh, darn.  :-)

Ruth

Ruth C. Hoffman    ruth.hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ruth.hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Language Resources
138 Oak Street
Lake Zurich, IL  60047-1322
Tel: 847.726.1608
Fax: 847.726.1652

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes."  --Marcel Proust