Lassi recipes

Here are some Lassi recipes I've collected.
The comments are those of the original poster:

"Great Vegetarian Dishes" by Korma dasa:

Lassi (Serves 1)

1 c. plain yogurt ( I use fatfree I make myself)
                       1/4 c. cold water
                       3 ice cubes
                       2 tsp. sugar
                       1/4 tsp rose water (or more if you want  it's pretty potent)

 Mix together in a blender until ice cubes are almost gone.
 Top with finely chopped pistachio nuts.

                       You can add any kind of fruit for variety, but it tastes fine as is.
                       I find this absolutely light and delicious. I've also noticed that it helps clear up yeast infections    at least for me.

   Mint Lassi

   Plain fat-free yoghurt- 1 cup
   Mint- 15 leaves
   Ginger- 1/2 inch piece
   Chopped green chili- 1/2 tsp
   Roasted cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
   Salt- 1/2 tsp
   Ice cubes- 4
   Chopped coriander (cilantro)

   Combine all the ingredients except coriander and blend in an
   electric blender.

   Garnish with chopped coriander and serve cold.

   Mango Lassi

   Plain yoghurt- 1 cup
   Ripe mango- 3/4 cup (chopped)
   Sugar- 2 tablespoons
   Ice cubes- 4

   Blend all the ingredients in an electric blender. Serve
   cold.

Vegan Mango Lassi

From: Xenome Menos - xenome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

?1 package (about 12 oz) soft tofu ?2 cups rice milk (soy milk will do in a pinch) ?1 cup mango pulp or sliced ripe mango ?1/4 cup sugar (more or less according to taste) ?1/4 tsp. rosewater (optional) ?8-12 shelled pistachios (optional)

Put tofu in blender. Blend until smooth.

Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. For best results, grind the pistachios first.

Source: My own experiments with various lassi recipes and vegan substitutes. Traditional lassi is made with yogurt and sometimes milk.

www.chickclick.com

Sign up for free email.
http://chickmail.chickclick.com

Win free stuff!