tofu marinade

<<
 All the suggested marinades sound yummy but hasn't anyone invented one that
 doesn't use soy sauce?

I like and use soy sauce to marinade, but also use some others - and like
most folks have no recipe .....
Italian Tofu
cubed tofu
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
FF Italian dressing
basil leaves chopped or dried basil
Just add dressing and garlic to chopped tofu and toss with herbs of choice -
leave overnight in refrigerator and use in salads or in pastas.  It is a
wonderful addition to Marinara sauce.

Italian Sandwiches
Use marinade above and add slices of tofu about 1/2 in thick or less.  After
24 hours, grill the tofu and add to a bun with romaine,  tomato, fresh basil
leaves and a little extra FF Italian Dressing.

Stir Fry
The in-store brand of my Worchestershire Sauce is anchovy -free and vegan.  I
slice tofu thickly and then cut the slices into strips.  Marinade in
Worchestershire sauce and then in a skillet sprayed with non-stick spray,
saute onions and peppers and mushrooms until wilting.  Add tofu and any
leftover marinade.  Serve over rice.

Tofu Burrito
I tub firm tofu
1 can tomatoes and green chilies ( Rotel )
FF re-fried beans
shredded lettuce or other greens
cilantro
chopped onion
chopped tomato
Cumin
Salsa

Crumble the drained tofu.  Pour the tomatoes and green chilies over tufo and
season with cumin and fresh cilantro.  Let cool and marinade all day or
overnight.  Prepare flour tortillas, spread with warmed beans, top with some
heated tofu mix, add lettuce, onion, and tomato.  Add salsa if desired.  Roll
up and eat.  Messy and delicious

Kay
Louisville, Ky